Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cherry tomato and parsley pasta

Vegetarian.  Makes about three meals.

This is a light pasta dish that I often enjoy in the spring and summer... so I guess I made this in hopes that spring will arrive soon!  You can use any kind of pasta offered at TJs but for this dish I'm partial to the Penne Rigate.  I usually boil about half or 2/3rds of the pasta.  While the pasta is cooking, I saute about three cloves of chopped garlic in olive oil (you can also use the crushed garlic in a jar - see Penne Arrabbiata entry - but fresh garlic will add a stronger flavor).  Cut a bunch of tomatoes in half (about half of the package seen here) and add those in with the garlic for about a minute.  

When the pasta is ready, toss it with the tomatoes and garlic.  Then add lots of chopped parsley.  I often keep the parsley separate when storing the leftovers so it does get too soggy.  Sprinkle with freshly grated parm or asiago cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home